Before using this tool, you should:
- Share any relevant information you have about the item with the other party, such as its condition or a record of previous sales of similar items.
- Decide on who is paying shipping, transaction fees, or any other additional costs.
- Make sure you're both using the same currency.
- Agree to both abide by the results of this tool, and not try to renegotiate the deal after getting your results.
This is necessary in order for both parties to have the correct incentives. See the technical details page for an explanation.
- Agree to double-check your information before submitting it, and to not try to argue for a redo on the basis of a typo afterwards. (If you haven't used this tool before, maybe do a test with fake prices to get familiar with how it works.)
- If you're buying/selling multiple different items, you can expedite the process and increase the chances of making a deal for at least some of them by entering them all in a single negotiation. Make sure both parties are in agreement on an ordering for the items, such that you both know which is "item #1", "item #2", etc.
Once that's all done, one person should press the "Generate negotiation ID" button and send that ID to the other person. You each enter that ID on your own device, along with your prices and email address. After you've both pressed "submit", you'll each get an email with the result in a few seconds. The email will tell you whether a sale was made, and if so, what the price is. (If the email says that no deal could be made, you should leave it at that and not try again to strike a deal with the same person.)
Are you the buyer or seller?